20 October 2009

WTF was I thinking?!?!

I hurt.

I hurt badly.

Yesterday I had the bright idea of heading to the gym.  Only I chickened out at the sight of all those cars in the parking lot.  Lame, I know.  But I really have this thing about working out in front of other people!  Back home at club fit, they had a women's only area and it was WONDERFUL.  Almost always empty and more importantly, no men to sit around and judge me.  I know they're probably not even paying attention to me, but when I'm there, it's like I can FEEL all the eyes burning into me.  I know I'm crazy, whatever, you have your quirks and I have mine!

Anyway, so never having actually gone to this base gym before, not only was I going into unfamiliar territory, but I was going during gym "rush hour"....LUNCHTIME.  What the hell were all those men doing at the gym on their lunch hour anyway?!?  So I looked at the track, and it was empty.  Score, I'll just do my cardio outside.  It was a beautiful 63 degrees out, the sun was shining and the wind blowing. 

Now, in case you don't know me, I don't work out.  I try.  Really hard.  But it's been a while since my last "try" and I'm sooooo out of practice.  More importantly, I don't run....not unless there's a spider in front of me.  So I had the bright idea of "easing" into it.  I walked a 1/4 mi, and then I ran a 1/4 mile, and then I walked the curves and ran the straightaways, and then walked the last 1/4 mi.  Bad idea.  My legs hurt so bad I'm wobbling around here like I have a stick wedged up my ass.  Not pretty, and not effective, because I can't even stand to walk from the kitchen to the bathroom.  Yes, I've been holding my pee for the last hour because it hurts to walk.  Ugh.  Stupid exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!