22 March 2012

33 Weeks!

My doctor's appointment this time around was MUCH better than last time. My blood pressure was OK 133/82, and her HR was in the 140s. I'm still waiting on that consult from SHANDS, but everyone I've talked to (midwives and doctor) seems to think they'll allow me to do the VBAC even without the surgical report, which is a relief to me. I'm measuring right on track and have gained 14 lbs since the start, which isn't too bad.

Since my BP was OK, and the contractions haven't gotten any worse, they will let me come in every two weeks for the time being, which makes me happy. I feel a lot less stressed about the possibility of going into preterm labor, thankfully. I'm also thankful the midwife didn't check my cervix because I know I would have had a horrible day of contractions after that, and I think I have enough of them as it is! My next appointment is on April 4, and I also have an ultrasound this Monday to check and see how big Abigail is. If she gets to be too big, then they probably won't let me VBAC, so fingers crossed that she's not massive!

I also took some time to get her room together. I have pretty much everything taken out of her room that we were just storing in there. Everything was either tossed out or moved to a different location. I also sorted her clothes and washed everything. I packed her bag with most of the stuff we'll be taking with us to the hospital and I'm just waiting on her bedding to arrive so that can be washed, and the stuff my mom is shipping to me from the first shower. I'd say her room is about 85-90% done, which is also a huge relief. Diaper-wise, I have a pretty good stash going so far. I have 13 pockets/AIOs, 2 covers, and 26 prefolds in small and newborn sizes. I've got a diaper pail liner and special detergent on the way, so I'll be able to prep her diapers once that arrives.

So we're pretty much ready!! I'm still a little nervous because everyone keeps saying how hard it is to go from 1 child to 2. And I have no idea how Aidan is going to react despite all the talking about it with him we've been doing. But hopefully we'll all find our grooves quickly and it won't be too hard of an adjustment on any of us. I can hardly believe it, but we'll be facing that adjustment time within the next month or so. Time is flying by so quickly, and I'm trying to relish this last little bit of being pregnant with our last baby. At the same time I can't wait to meet her! Only 48 more days (or less!) and our family will be complete!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!