16 February 2010

Tooting my own horn

I received a grade notification e-mail from my guidance counselor.  I was dreading it actually, since I had so many issues with the professor.  I did great on my weekly assignments, full credit on each.  But on my first short paper, I was shorted 5 points because I went over the 800 word maximum.  In my defense I couldn't fully answer the question in less than 800 words, so I would have rather gone over than be within limit and NOT answer the question.  Either way, failing to give me any of the 5 points was extreme in my opinion.  At least give me one or two seeing as how I DID the assignment, you know?

Anyway, that coupled with the fiasco that was my final paper prep and the initial zero he gave me for mistakenly submitting my assignment in the wrong format made me extremely nervous.  It was REALLY important to me to try and keep my 4.0 GPA for as long as I can, but I wasn't confident I could pull it off.  The final paper is worth 30% of my grade, and based on how he graded my previous paper....I really didn't think I was going to pull an A off.  Needless to say my heart was pounding when I logged in to check my grade.  Scroll down and check....

LIB 320 ............. A

WHAT?!?!  Wait let me check that again..... A!  I'm doing a freaken happy dance over here!  I can't believe I pulled off an A in the class from hell.  So not only did I make Deans List, I also maintained my 4.0 in one of the hardest classes I've taken.  Oh, but that's not the best part.  I downloaded his comments on my paper, and the only points that were taken off were for minor grammatical and formatting errors.  His comment on my paper overall??  "Probably one of the best papers I’ve read on this topic.  You argue your limited time period and then wield strong data.  Just an all-around strong paper.  Thanks."  Feels oh-so-good to be done, and to have done that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!