20 March 2011

Sixteen Days...

That's how long it's been I last wrote a blog. Well, I wish I had lots to say, but I haven't done much. This last week has been a bit hectic. Last weekend we went to Louisiana for a quick trip. I love my in-laws, but I think in the future we'll be staying for more than 2 days after spending 12 hours in a car! I'm glad that we got to see everyone though, and more than happy that Aidan's grand parents were able to see him right before his birthday.

The day after we returned home, my mom flew in. The day after that, we took a 6 hour trip to Ft. Laurderdale. Needless to say I'm tired of looking at the inside of my car! But again, we got to see family that I don't see all that often, and it was worth the trip. And, even better, they'll be coming up for Aidan's birthday party this Saturday as well.

Speaking of my little man...we've been battling the allergies from hell. My poor baby...his eyes get all swollen, he rubs his face non-stop, sneezes, and has so much fluid in his head he's developed a cough. We're treating it with benadryl for now, but I've just noticed he's starting to develop a rash in random places on his body, so I need to take him back to the doctor. I wish more than anything we could figure out how to make it all better for him, but so far we've had no luck. The benadryl has worked better than anything else we tried, but it's still just not quite making him feel 100%. Please pray we find something soon, I don't want him to be miserable for the rest of the spring season.

On a completely different front, I finished up my third round of provera. I delayed starting it because I didn't want AF to show up while I was traveling. Also, tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to check my blood sugar levels since I don't trust anything my previous doctor had to say. In addition, I'm going to see if I can get back on metformin. I've gained SO much weight from the provera and the clomid, and my PCOS symptoms are absolutely out of control. I know it makes me feel crappy, but I was at least able to keep my weight and symptoms under control. Being this heavy, I know it's only hurting my chances of getting pregnant. So I'm going to suck it up for as long as it takes, and deal with the stomach problems and frequent headaches. Maybe if I go into it with the mindset that I refuse to let the symptoms get me down, they won't be so bad. Mind over matter, right? I'm not totally convinced, but I'm going to try it out anyway.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!