22 April 2011

Finally, good news!!!!

Yesterday I went for my blood draw to see if I had ovulated like I thought I did. While there, the nurse was explaining to me that my levels should be around 10, that if they came back at like 12, then it would be great, but if they came back at 3, it would not be good. She promised to call me as soon as she got the results in.

So, I get back from taking Aidan to the doctor and going grocery shopping, and I see the message light blinking. I got excited thinking it was probably the nurse calling me back with results...and then got super nervous because I knew if she told me a low number I'd be ridiculously upset. So I played the message, and it turns out my progesterone levels came back at 13.3! Words can't describe how happy I am! This month was FINALLY a success!!!! I mean I know it doesn't mean I'm pregnant, but at least we had a normal chance, which is more than I can say for the past few months.

Now, I wait. Dr. Mixson will most likely call me later today or tomorrow and explain a little more about what the number 13 means. If it turns out I'm not pregnant, I won't be too bummed. At least now we have a formula that seems to work, and I will continue to chart my temps and keep track of all the things I've been keeping track of so that I know for sure when the best time to BD is. We've got Disney coming up next month, and I know I'd probably have more fun if I wasn't in my first trimester and battling morning sickness. It would also mean that there's a chance we might not be able to make our trip to Louisiana for Christmas, since I'd be about 38 weeks at that point. So, like I said, if AF shows up around my birthday, it might be for the better.

BUT, I certainly will not be disappointed if I do end up pregnant! Starting tomorrow I will be taking test after test (I have a pack of 50 so no worries)...there's no way I'm going to be able to wait until my birthday to take my first test, I just don't have that kind of will power. So fingers crossed, I might be seeing two lines in the near future. And even if I don't, I still consider this month a huge success!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! So happy for you Justine!!! You can have all my baby dust for the next however long we're on hiatus. Hoping and praying this is your month (and if not this month, then next)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!