31 August 2011

Can't believe this is real!

First, I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone for giving us their congrats and well wishes!!

As you probably know, Aidan is going to be a big brother....we finally got our little rainbow baby! I'm not sure of the due date because we were actually on a two month TTC break. The plan was to stay on metformin until I had a cycle sometime in September, then get off of it and start clomid again. So at no point in time during these last two months did I chart my temps or use an OPK to detect ovulation. I had actually decided that it was important we not resume TTC this month because we needed to figure out what was going on with my thyroid.

Anyway, admittedly, I took two tests before. One yesterday and one the day before. I don't know why, but something was just telling me to test. I waited just long enough for the test line to appear, and when I saw there was no second line, I tossed them in the trash. Well this morning, I decided to use a more sensitive test. At first no lines appeared in the little window. Slowly the control line faded in and when it was almost fully pink, I saw a hint of a second line. I waited and waited and waited and grabbed my camera to take a pic just in case I was going crazy.


Then I called Casey. No answer. So I called my sister to geek out...I couldn't hold it in! Casey finally called me back and he was shocked. Like I said...we were on a break! He asked me if I was sure sure it was positive. Even though I told him yes, I couldn't help but pee on two more sticks, just to make sure....


So, there you have it. Sometime late April or early May we'll be adding to the family. I'm shocked, thrilled, excited and I'm not quite sure if it's set in yet. We've spent three years trying to make this happen, and I'm praying that this time goes much differently than last year.

As for my meds...I started the synthroid about a week ago and I feel great! Aside from the sore boobs, queasiness when my belly gets empty, and the fatigue, I feel...different. I think my moods have evened themselves out and I just have a general well-being feeling going on, whereas before I generally just felt crappy. It's safe to take during pregnancy, so I'm going to keep taking the synthroid as long as I feel like it's helping me.

Thank you all for your excitement and enthusiasm...I don't know what I would do without my fantastic support system of family and friends!





3 comments:

  1. Ok I got chills reading that!!! MY gosh, I'm so thrilled for you all!! Can't believe its been so long already! But I am so happy that I'll be here to see this happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly happy for you guys Justine! Congrats and take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not one to say "I told you so", so suffice it to say...I was right!lol!!! The mind is an incredible thing...you just needed to stop stressing and everything happened just as it should! Now relax and enjoy being spoiled for the next nine months!!!! If you have any NY cravings...I'm on it!!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!