28 September 2010

Exciting News!

I'm a little delayed in writing this blog, but better late than never! 

As promised in my last entry, I did in fact POAS on Sunday morning.  I rolled out of bed shortly after my husband did, at 9 am.  For the first time, I wasn't excited about POAS either.  I took my time, and set it down on the counter while I put my contacts in.  I was leaning over the test, fumbling for my contacts case in the drawer right below it, as I watched the wetness spread across the little window.  I always do this to make sure the test line shows up so I know I did the test right lol.  But this time was different...right away, before the wet spot spread to where the test line is supposed to be, I saw the second line.  I literally rubbed my eyes because I thought I was seeing things.  I felt my body start to shake as I realized what was happening....it was like I was dreaming, there's no way there was a second line in that window! 

Time for a second opinion.  I ran out of the bathroom and swung the bedroom door open to find my husband sitting on the couch on the computer.  All I could do was point toward the bathroom with this look on my face.  He thought he was going to have to kill the mother of all spiders (he told me so later on).  He followed me into the bathroom and I asked him what he saw on the stick.  He said, "I see 2 lines....what's 2 lines???".  Two lines means WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!  I couldn't help but cry...I was so overwhelmed!  Casey said to me, "Why are you crying?  I thought you wanted this?!?".  I couldn't explain it....this was pure shock, I thought for sure we were going to need the clomid to help us!  

So, it has set in, little by little, that we have succeeded.  We will finally have the addition to our family that we have been trying for a long 10 months to have.  Needless to say our families are thrilled as well.  Everyone keeps asking how I'm feeling.  Honestly, I'm feeling pretty good at this point.  My only symptoms are the sore boobs, being "backed up", and the constant fatigue.  I can't believe this is actually happening...but I have to say, being this surprised is way more fun than expecting it!!!  With Aidan, I knew I was pregnant, I was just waiting for the damn stick to agree with me!  This time around, I honestly had no idea.  Peeing on the stick was merely a psychological ploy to bring on AF. 

Anyway, so I had the pregnancy confirmed at the base clinic yesterday.  It took me 3 hours but I left with the same smile on my face, if that tells you exactly how happy I am lol.  After leaving I immediately called my OBGYN and my first appointment is in 2 weeks!  I'm not 100% sure of my due date since I had a negative pregnancy test on September 14th and my cycles have been so irregular.  But hopefully I'm not too far off, and I'll be due around the 24th of May.

Stay tuned for more updates, I'm sure there will be plenty more to come!  Oh and here's the picture that I posted on FB to share our happy news. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome!!! I am soooo very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!