27 December 2010

And in the blink of an eye...

Christmas is over!  I can hardly believe it....where has the second half of this entire year gone????  I have to admit I'm really not prepared for it all being over.  For the longest, I've had handfuls of things to look forward to...the halloween party, hosting Thanksgiving, road trip to NY, seeing old friends and my family.  My list has slowly yet surely becoming smaller and smaller.  And now the last thing left to do is to say goodbye to 2010, and prepare myself to ring in the new year.

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions, but this year there is one.  Just one.  Being off of metformin has taken it's toll on me.  I've gained back all the weight I lost back in March and April.  My husband says he can't notice the difference, but I sure can, and I hate myself for it.  I'm sure the holiday eating hasn't helped, but I'm thinking of it as my last "hurrah".  Plus, I know for sure I'll never eat pastel again considering my grandmother only makes them but once a year!  Anyway, I know losing this weight is going to be hard work.  Sooooo hard, especially since I refuse to get back on the metformin (for now...if clomid doesn't work, I might have to revisit that option).  But hopefully with the hubby's support, I'll take off at least 10 pounds and have more energy.  I've always wanted to try kick boxing, and now is a great time to start!  I need to make this my priority.  No more being unhappy looking in the mirror.  No more excuses about the lack of child care.  No more feeling drained.  And no more throwing money away on outside sources of food (aside from the occasional trips to Wasabi...no way I'm banning myself from that place!).

So we'll start with a 30 day challenge in January to NOT eat out, at all.  And I'll join a gym that provides a tot drop so I have no real reason not to go.  I'm finally going to start taking kick boxing because I've always wanted to.  It's not going to be easy, but my resolution is to do whatever I have to do so that I can finally be happy with who I see in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!