14 December 2010

'Tis the Season...

Greetings from New York!!!!  I have to say this is the first time I've been able to just stop and breathe in the last two weeks.  I was actually telling Casey that the end of this year has come about ridiculously fast.  The first part dragged a bit thanks to deployment, but even when he came back in May, we had a nice slow summer.  But now I feel like we're being hurtled toward Aidan's third birthday and I'm not ready!!!!!  In a span of just two months, he started using more and more words, he graduated to a big boy bed AND became potty trained...I am NOT ready to be planning a third birthday!!!

Anyway, as I was saying...December so far has been crazy busy, especially this last week.  I was rushing to get my weekly assignments, a third project, AND my final done.  Plus we had our "Christmas" in Georgia, the command Christmas party, and start our drive to NY.  I feel like my down time has been minimal.  Even still, I did manage to find things here and there to enjoy.  We put up the tree early and decorated the house for Christmas so I was able to enjoy it all before we left for NY.  We got Aidan's train table put together so he had time to play with it (for a day) before we left, and Casey and I even had a little night out to ourselves (attending the command Christmas party).  And the trip up here was pretty smooth, so all in all, it's been a crazy couple of weeks, but it's still gone pretty well (better than I expected anyway).


In other news, I don't think I posted an update about our plans to return to TTC.  During the two weeks of insanity, I had a checkup with my OBGYN.  We talked about my cycles on metformin, and since it had been nearly 6 weeks since the D&C, I still haven't had a cycle on my own.  So he gave me an option.  I could keep on waiting, or he could give me provera and clomid to start that day if I wanted to.  I opted for the meds.  I don't think I can handle the emotional ride of waiting on AF to show up and taking pregnancy test after pregnancy test and possibly getting negative after negative.  I absolutely hated playing that game.  And I hate not knowing what my body is doing.  So I took the meds.

Those pills are currently sitting in my suitcase.  As much as I want to have another baby, I'm still trying to prep myself emotionally for another TTC trial.  Not to mention, I just want to enjoy my holidays...not stress over counting cycle days or remembering to take pills.  So we have the meds, I'm just waiting until just before we leave NY to start them.  When we do this thing, I at least want to be in the comfort of my own home.  Also, people have warned me that clomid makes you crazy emotional, and if that's true, I don't need to be in front of everyone dealing with that side of it too. 

So there it is.  We're flying toward 2011, whether I want to or not.  I'm just hoping these next few weeks in NY slow down a little bit...I want to relish in what might be my last snowy NY Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!