24 January 2010

Leaving...

I'll be flying to NY on Thursday to get ready to help throw my sister in law a baby shower.  It sucks to be having to leave my husband.  It doubly sucks that x amount of time after I leave him, he leaves for deployment, so I'll be coming back to an empty house.  I got seriously lucky with the extra time we were given together, but it still makes saying goodbye really hard. 

I know my key to survival is going to be staying busy.  BUSY BUSY BUSY!  I have school to keep me somewhat occupied, and then there's the shower and planning for Aidan's 2nd birthday.  I'll be flying to NY and back twice in this deployment alone, so that should help pass the time.  I just know the nights are going to lag, since there won't be anyone to watch food network and share the bed with.  But my biggest thing is hoping Aidan doesn't notice.  His daddy is is favorite and he greets him every day with a huge hug.  I'm just praying that he stays oblivious to the amount of time daddy isn't home....like he'll think it's a really long work day or something.

I can only hope that this deployment flies by as fast as the time went that I had him here with me.  I have the feeling it won't.  I'm hoping I avoid the depression part of this whole process, since I'll be surrounded by family.  I just need to keep super busy,  and just keep repeating to myself: "last one before shore duty, last one...".  Maybe it won't be so bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!