16 January 2010

Terrible Twos

Seriously, it's days like today that make me NOT want anymore kids.  Aidan has been on the warpath.  Tantrums, going into drawers he's not supposed to go into, not eating, screaming, throwing toys around...I'm seriously at my wits end with it.  I don't want to spank, or use it as a first resort.  But the time outs aren't working with him, he still goes back to doing what he was doing before.  To make matters worse, if we do spank him, he does it all over again anyway.  So I end up feeling guilty about the spanking and frustrated that nothing seems to be working. 

I know he could be SO much worse....I've seen kids his age that are absolute terrors.  But I really just want my sweet little boy back.  This has been like an overnight change for him....family that saw him back in December aren't going to recognize him.  It's all about him trying to do what he wants to do, when he wants to do it.  And I'm not caving, which is causing serious amounts of friction.  I'm tired of yelling, I'm tired of spanking, I'm tired of butting heads with him.  I really hope he starts to out grow this phase soon, because it's wearing me out, and I feel like our relationship is deteriorating, which is severely depressing considering he's only 2....he's not supposed to hate me until he's a teenager....

I really have no idea what to do differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!