07 January 2010

A Second Chance?

I am a huge believer in the saying "everything happens for a reason".  I almost feel like we weren't meant to get pregnant in November because it would have put my due date right around Casey's PRD date.  Basically that just means he would have wanted to take leave after being at his new shore duty position for like only a week.  And there's the possibility that they might not have even let him take leave either.  It definitely would have been stressful for both of us.  So I figured fate was going to give is better timing on our next baby.

Anyway, so Casey was supposed to leave for Diego Garcia to take the boat over from the other crew.  But "things" have happened and on Monday he got a phone call informing him he won't be leaving until much later.  This gives us a second chance at giving Aidan a sibling!  I'm thinking that there is a much bigger and better reason that he's not leaving on time, and that whoever you believe in (fate, God, mysterious gremlins, sparly fairies, etc) intervened and kept his crew home for reasons that have yet to be seen.  But, as a nice little side effect there is a chance we could get pregnant.  I didn't go back on the pill this month, so my cycle is probably going to be irregular.  Last try, I did end up ovulating eventually, and AF came into town nearly 4 weeks late (nothing is as big a bummer than having a late period while TTC only to find out you're really and seriously NOT pregnant).  So who knows if I'll ovulate on time, or even at all.

Crappy, what-if circumstances, I know, but eventually this is going to happen.  But I can't help and be hopeful that this might be our month.  I won't be as disappointed if it doesn't happen this time around...I was last time because I kind of expected it to happen right away like it did with Aidan.  But apparently my body has changed ALOT since I've had him, so it's probably going to take more time.

Either way, I'm thankful for another x weeks with my husband, and very grateful for another chance to try for a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!