01 January 2010

That time again....

Ugh deployment, how I despise you!!!!  I feel like I just got my husband back, and we're already packing him up to leave again.  I'm trying to enjoy the last little bit of time I have left, but deployment creeps in my mind, looming over me, making it so hard not to be in a funk.  I have to say deployment is NOT one of my favorite ways to kick off a new year.

However I'm trying really really really hard to make something positive out of it.  For one, I'm going to lose a crap ton of weight before my husband gets home.  I will be slim, fit, and pretty for his homecoming, which should make getting pregnant much easier.  I will do everything in my power to make 2010 a healthier year for me AND for my family.  I'm already not smoking, which is good for me.  Casey quit cold turkey like 2 weeks ago, so I'll do my best to motivate him as well.  So number one on my list to keep me busy during deployment:  eat healthy and go to the gym!!

Number 2 on my list:  remember my new mantra, "Last one before shore duty, last one before shore duty."  That's right, this is out LAST deployment before shore duty and I am more than excited.  No more phone trees, no more halfway night boxes, no more international phone cards, no more sleeping in the middle of the bed!!!!  SHORE DUTY!!!!!  I need to focus on that goal, and hopefully it'll make this last deployment much easier.

Number 3:  keep my 4.0 average.  I've only taken 3 classes so far, but I have worked my butt off with each class.  So far I've gotten all A's and if I could get this degree with a 4.0 average, I would be so proud of myself.  I'm taking this round of school much more seriously than I did when I was at URI.  Guess being 25 going on 26, having a husband, house, and babies makes you grow up a little more than frat parties, skipping class to sleepin, and pizza pocket dinners.  Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of college, but this is definitely different.  So here's hoping my school work will also help this deployment fly by.

That's about it.  Like I said, I'm trying (key word being trying) to stay positive and not let this up coming goodbye leave me a tearful, slobbering mess.  We'll see.  Either way, Happy 2010....wake me when we get to shore duty....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!