24 January 2011

Baby Dreams

I had the best dream this morning.  It was actually pretty odd considering who was in it in the beginning (some people I knew from HS but haven't spoken to in forever).  But the main point was, I was pregnant.  At first I was seeing the positive pregnancy test, and then like 2 minutes later (dream time) I was in labor rushing to the hospital.  I was supposed to have another c-section, but I ended up arriving in the nick of time, so there was no time for one.  I pushed the baby out and it was a boy.  A big chunky little boy with the cutest little face.  I remember marveling at how good I felt, being able to get up and walk around that very day with no pain.  I was holding my little one, and saying, "The people at this hospital don't know how to swaddle like they did in Guam." because his swaddle was a little loose.  But I keep holding him and staring like I couldn't believe I actually had him.  Even weirder, I couldn't pick a name.  I kept calling him Braylen, and then I'd say, "No, no that's not right.  Brayden?"  I was trying to find a 'B' name that I liked.  I was so in love, I just wanted to make sure the name was right.  Just before I woke up, I was looking at him, studying his face and comparing him to Aidan.  That part was so real, I had trouble remembering that it was just a dream as Casey woke up me up to kiss me goodbye before he left for work.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is so vivid. I've had dreams like that where I woke up crying happy tears :) Hopefully it's a good sign!! Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vivid dreams - especially when they're good!
    Hope you get good news soon!
    When should you hear back about your blood test from the clomid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dream is precognition. It will happen; he is on his way. Dream-time is not the same as the linear time/space we live in. He is on his way, you can count on it.

    Hope you don't mind me checking in on your blog. I love your writing AND I can relate in many ways to this journey you're on.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!